It seems that everyone is talking about the election and the new president. I had a girl at Walmart the other day randomly ask me if I was excited about the new president. I lied and told her that I thought Obama would do a good job. In reality, I disagree with some of the things that Obama will do for this country. I don't like the fact that he supports abortion, or the idea of raising taxes, or pulling the troops out of Iraq, who are protecting the people who are innocent in this whole war. Daniel and I were able to watch the ending speeches of each candidate the other night. It was very interesting to see how each one spoke. It was a neat experience to see McCain, and his humility toward Obama. I love the moment when he mentioned God. On the other hand, Obama, was almost the complete opposite. He only said one thing about McCain, and then proceeded to make alot promises to the country of what we needed to do, that America needed to save themselves. He made no mention of any higher being. Well, I won't say much more, for I know that our Heavenly Father knows of our situation as a country and won't let anything happen that is against his plan. I do love what Bush said after the election, "May God bless who ever wins the election," and I think he knew that it needed to be said.
5 comments:
I totally agree. Heavenly Father is in complete control :)
I have had some of the same feelings as you the past couple of days. I am hoping for the best and expecting the worse.
I'm thinking about having a t-shirt made - "All of you who wanted change - you're going to get it now, and when you do, don't whine to me. I reserve the right to say 'I told you so'. I did what I could to get McCain elected." I'm sorry it wasn't enough. I keep thinking about the prideful Nephites and then President Benson telling us in our day that we can choose to be humble or we can be compelled to be humble. I have a feeling the "compelling" is going to be in full swing now.
THANK YOU LIZ, JOANNA AND GLORIA! (And the Tieks of course) I tend to be VERY opinionated about politics... I agree completely... there are a lot of other things where I disagree with Obama... socialized health care and well all the things you mentioned... But, I'm going to give him a chance. (I'm going to try my best) And like Gloria said, "I reserve the right to say, I told you so." And you’re right about the speeches; McCain has been a class act when compared to Obama.
I totally agree with your comments (and everyone elses too). Obama will be in my prayers- I am scared at the direction this country is heading but I am just going to do my best to be faithful.
Post a Comment