Because of my new job, I had to do all the necessary things for New Hires like getting my updated eye exam and getting some necessary vaccines. There is a short story to tell though. First of all, like many people, am I not a fan of needles. So, last week I got that all done. Well, the few days before I went to get my shots, I was somewhat nervous about getting them. I got up that morning, and because of time, I didn't eat breakfast b/c my stomach had been bothering me. So, I went in for my appointment and was fine with a TB test. I then watched her give me the dTAP vaccine, and within a few seconds, I had passed out. I woke up to the nurse asking me if I was ok. I responded that I wasn't sure, b/c I didn't know what happened. They discovered that my blood pressure had dropped, causing me to black out. I am still not sure what caused it entirely, but they found that everything else was fine, except that when I had passed out, I hit my head face first on the desk, braking my right front tooth right in half. Luckily, the people there at the facility did all they could to help me feel better and even scheduled an appointment at the dentist that day to fix my tooth. So, I think from now on, I will be more careful when I get vaccines or shots.
7 comments:
Yup. You've totally proved that working is hazardous to your health! :) Hope the rest of your working career goes MUCH more smoothly!
oh wow that sucks! i'm sorry to hear that! did everything work out at the end?
p.s: for a moment i thought your story was going be something like... "well they couldn't give me the necessary shots because they found out i was pregnant!" lol
Oh how sad!! I hope that the dentist goes smoother than the vaccinations!
No fun!!! Yeah, I just got my Tetanus, and my arm is still swollen and sore (I got my shot on Friday).
dork! heheheh, j/k... goodluck.
jill
Holy cow that's awful! Hope your tooth is ok. I have low blood pressure in the mornings and it often "goes black" and I feel like I'm going to pass out but luckily I haven't yet.
Cody, that is crazy! Grant just got 3 shots yesterday and he almost passed out as well. He went all pale and started sweating and then he suddenly started crying (and this was like, 5-7 min after he got the shot). He also felt like he couldn't breathe. They made us stay there until his blood pressure went back up. The doctor explained that its your brain's reaction to pain and psychological anxiety. Your blood pressure probably dropped especially because you hadn't eaten either. Nice job. I can't believe the people giving you the shot didn't keep you from hitting your face. Sorry about that. Good luck at the dentist.
Post a Comment