Tuesday, September 16, 2008

LDS Employment Class

Daniel and I had the wonderful opportunity this past weekend to attend an LDS Employment class in Raleigh. It was neat! A missionary couple from Charlotte came and taught the class that went all day. We had three breaks, two stretch and one lunch break. We learned some very valuable information about ourselves, practiced interviewing and even taped a mock interview of each of us. It was a great experience! Now that I have practiced my skills some, it has motivated me a little more to do more about my job hunting, so today I went down to the hospital and applied my knowledge. Hopefully, I will have some good results! Wish me luck!'

3 comments:

The Robinson Family said...

That is a really cool opportunity. Did they announce it in church? If not, they should let everyone know, b/c that sounds like it could benefit alot of people.

Tieky Torch said...

We suggested it to Christian that it would be good to have the class done in our area as well. Someone in our stake pres thought that we didn't need it, but that's just what we heard from the missionary couple b/c that is who they usually ask, but I think it would be great here also!

Tyler & Katie Rice said...

colette-
i don't know when your job interview is or if it already happened, but good luck. one of the next things you should post though is definitely your trip to DC. i'm excited to hear about it!
have fun!